Africa is a large function venue. We host general knowledge quizzes for charity fund-raising purposes. General knowledge quizzes are a popular and efficient fund-raising method for charitable groups.
- Capacity - 200 in a quiz format;
- The recommended format is upto 40 teams of 6 = 240. This maximises fund-raising capacity while ensuring that all participants can be seated comfortably;
- Availability – Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday nights are currently recommended but this changes as other regular events are scheduled. Please discuss the options with us prior to committing to a particular day;
- Start time – Africa is flexible but recommends 7.00 for 7.30pm, to finish by 10.30pm;
- We offer a wide range of meals, which may be convenient for guests prior to the quiz (but bookings are recommended for quiz nights). Special discounts for quiz players can be arranged;
- Due to the fixed costs for Africa of hosting a large quiz, it is not economically viable to host a charity quiz with less than 80 guests.
- Quiz and all consumables such as answer booklets;
- Quiz host and scorers;
- PA system (if necessary);
- Cash bar (and meals)
- A complimentary round of drinks to the team that wins the "Quizzler".
Quiz Organiser to:
- Sell 120 tickets ($15-$20 per person) or say $100 per team of 6 (Organiser's choice as Africa has nothing to do with this aspect);
- Source prizes (in groups of 6, depending on selected team size), ideally provided free of charge by sponsors;
- Communicate the address, start time and information about meals/booking, etc to guests;
- Provide 2-3 individuals to assist with collecting answer sheets on the night (if very large quiz);
- Preferably source some auction items or other items to raffle, to raise additional funds – the quiz host is not a licensed auctioneer but can auction a few items informally.
Please contact us for more information or to plan/book a charity quiz evening. We would be happy to help!
Download details of our Quizzes for Fundraising here »